Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Trip Zone


No I’m not writing about the house where I lived with my buddies while matriculating in Springfield, Missouri. I’m referring to something far greater yet sharply sublime. I’m referring to the Christ, the Son of the Living God!

Jesus said; “Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.” (Luke 7:23) I really believe that Jesus was making the point that we can either STEP UP, STAY DOWN, or TRIP over the very fact of what He came to do. If we STEP UP, as we approach this thing that many have found to be something to catch a toe on and fall smack dab on their face; something powerful happens. Our perspective slowly changes. Note the operative word, slowly.

Much like the slow slope of low rise steps; traveling a long distance to rise to a great height; so too are each facet of the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Every encounter with His Truth, we can do one of three things. We can STEP UP and move forward, just a little higher in our view of life and the Kingdom. Or we can STAY DOWN and just stare at that rise of the step and wonder if we can take such a step of faith, and often we simply stall out without a move. Or we can TRIP over Him (stumble) in our attempts to look beyond Him or even view life without Him in our field of vision.

I can tell you from experience – I’ve done all three. I’m not proud of that fact, but I am honest.

Jesus is never condescending to anyone who stood in dumbfounded amazement or fear at the STEP He was calling them to take, so as to go higher and further into His Will for their life. As a matter of fact, if Jesus wept, and I know He did, it would be over our unwillingness to STEP UP. He would weep as we simply stand there and do nothing; with our feelings keeping us from taking that step of faith and obedience that seems so daunting. And I know He weeps when we ignore His sharp and pronounce presence; while looking ahead and wondering if we can do this thing called life without Him. And we run pell-mell toward the horizon line of our wants and needs; totally ignoring that He’s placed a step in our path to take us higher in Him, but we catch our toe on it and fall smack dab on our face. And Jesus weeps.

But, “Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of” Him and His will and plan for their lives and this earth and our potential Kingdom influence. Yes, BLESSED! If I walk circumspectly, considering that ALL THINGS in my life are there for me to spring up to the next level; I am blessed. I gain, I get, I win in Him.

I know it’s counter intuitive to say on the one hand, we are to lose everything for the sake of Christ, all the while gaining simultaneously as we carefully and willingly STEP UP to the next thing He has for us. I know the idea of losing something so you can gain something – just really doesn’t make logical sense, but that’s how God does things.

So, before you click on over to some other web site or go back to Facebook; may I say you’re headed for The Trip Zone. We’re all headed toward The Trip Zone; that next place where God calls us upward and forward. There are three options we can take when Christ the Stumbling Stone plants His Will right in our path. STEP UP, STAY DOWN, OR TRIP! That’s it; there are no other options.

God may I STEP UP. Because I’m sure tired of STAYING DOWN or TRIPPING my way around the same obstacle year after year. Exodus can be strategic and straight or it can be circles in the sand, with lots of skinned knees and confused countenances.

The Trip Zone is coming to a life like yours real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment