Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Never Mind

I’m not sure when I first heard that expression; Never Mind.  But over the years I’ve used it to push away confusion and misunderstanding.  And I’ve used it to push away moments when I didn’t want to express or explain myself.  But nonetheless I’ve used it – so Never Mind.

The idea of Never Mind-ing anything is pretty lame when you think about it.  As a matter of fact, blogs like this elicit similar words.  Blah, blah, blah Russell – Never Mind.  In other words just don’t even think about what I just said.  Forget it.  Blow it off.  Ignore it.

Yet the Bible tells us from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.  So whatever is coming out of my mouth somehow originates from somewhere deep inside me.  Oh you may argue otherwise, but I think God is right.

When my mouth opens – my heart speaks.  Good bad or indifferent.

So the next time you say; Never Mind... don’t expect anyone to accept it.  Because if you open your mouth and speak; you really want someone to mind (or pay attention to) what you’re saying.  You really do want their mind to attach to those words and you want to make an impact.

Therefore, consider your words wisely.  Because if you think Never Mind gives you a pass… it doesn’t.

Never Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment