Sunday, July 1, 2012

Castles and Covenants


I woke up this morning with a bit of wonder in my heart.  I wondered about the difference between Castles and Covenants?

It seems the differences are these: one is visible one is not.  One is made of stone the other of blood.  One represents fear and isolation the other represents assurance and inclusion.

I suppose I could go on and on with these differences, but I believe the truth to be found in this very moment is based upon one single factor: love.
Albeit love itself is invisible, it covers as if it’s visible.  It may not always be seen, but it is permanent and eternal.

As I proceed with my life, my hope is this: That I will no longer seek the shelter of a castle made of stone, but that I would seek the assurance and inclusion of a covenant not seen with the naked eye, but known in the hearts of all who’ve found shelter there.

Castles tend to be built upon a fixed geographic foundations.  Covenants on the other hand, are built upon a foundation that is transcending and without fixed location.  And that my friend, is often very hard to understand or even accept, in a world where we were taught of stability and longevity, based upon the things we can see and not upon things we can’t.

I’ll be meditating upon the idea of Castles and Covenants.  More to come!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment