Friday, November 18, 2011

So Grateful for Old Rib Eye’s


As I contemplated dinner tonight, I found 4 rib eye steaks from Fareway in the freezer. All in all that’s good, but they had been there for about 3 weeks. Does good meat go bad after that long in the freezer?

Anyway, what I was thinking about as I sprinkled tenderizer over the meat, and tossed on some Cookies meat spice… was this. How many people around the world, right at this moment or for this evening’s dinner had the privilege of even thinking about the taste or quality of the food they were preparing?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not carping about my meal plan, but I’m deep in thought about the amount of people on this planet who have zero to little choices on what they eat. Yet even at my worst times as a meal planner or shopper, I have and eat more than most of the rest of the world, combined. No guilt intended, just reality.

So what will you eat, as the rest of the world eats less? May I never be ungrateful for the Old Rib Eye’s buried deep in my freezer, under other stuff I could eat and find moderate nutritional value therein?

And may I NEVER take for granted my next meal… despite the fact I live within 7 minutes of fast food, slow food, custom food, and fresh food. May God help me and you to become more grateful than ever before!

Agree?

1 comment: