Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sound Despite 'Mess'


Oh here I go again. An AP online headline reads: White House says economy is sound despite ‘mess’. I wonder if that line would fly anywhere else except in Washington? Would it fly in the trade business that I work? My work is sound, despite the mess I leave. My church is sound, despite the mess it’s in. My family is sound, despite the mess it’s in. My finances are sound, despite the mess their in. Tell that to my retired neighbor lady who has lost over 25k of her retirement assets in just this short year alone.

Who is kidding whom? Just a small little wake up call; a mess is a mess. Something is drastically wrong and all we’re doing is putting “shine-ola” on it. Please somebody get a clue.

I’m glad I paid off my expensive Hawaiian shirts before this economy took a belly flop in the Birdland pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment