Saturday, July 19, 2008

Feelings Nothing More Than Feelings


It seems to me that years ago there was a song with those lyrics. I'm sure there are many more today that talk about feelings. Hey, I bet that most TV shows appeal to people's feelings [joy, fear, excitement, anger, lust, hope, etc.].

I think I'm finally coming to the conclusion that almost everything in the world revolves around feelings. And if we can, eliminate the bad ones, things just might improve.

I know that over the years, when I've done stupid things or even found myself falling into sin, it's most likely because of my feelings about something. I'm hurt, I'm lonely, I'm angry, I'm offended, I'm insecure, I'm not confident. On and on the list could roll.

I wonder, have you ever noticed how your feelings effect you? Just wondering, because I know, I'm really coming to a new understanding of how powerful my feelings on any matter really are, and how important it is to let Jesus speak to those feelings and reveal the lies behind them.

I hope to be back soon. Send me a comment and check the poll off to the right.

Remember, we're all broken inside.

RAK

No comments:

Post a Comment