Sunday, July 4, 2010

Desperate Windows


I’m not sure exactly what year it was, 1985 or somewhere around there, that Microsoft introduced Windows to compete with Macintosh’s GUI tidal wave of user friendly PC access. And somewhere around that time the world changed profoundly.

That profound change brought to the average computer-illiterate user; power and ease like never before. And we’ve not looked back since then. As a mater of fact most of our phones, TV’s and practically all our electronic devices now operate under the GUI concept (Graphical User Interface).

I wonder what life will be like in 20 years from now. I wonder how much technology will be merged with bio-engineering so as to further advance the GUI concept of machine use and human interface. I’m talking about a seamless integration of silicone micro circuitry with living tissue recognition. I guess I’ll let you do your own Si-Fi extrapolations on that subject. But hey, I do have a laptop computer that’s about 5 years old that actually has a finger print recognition bar to swipe my finger over; if I want that level of security.

I don’t use it, because one day I had a burn on the finger I used for an ID and it didn’t read it, so I couldn’t get into my computer. I disabled the reader right away.

As for me, I’m so desperate to find a divine access point that would mirror our present technological GUI access to information and power that I could choke. Do you understand what I mean?

Access to God can be daunting at best, yet the Bible tells us this access is possible. In Malachi 3:10 the Lord tells us if we “bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse… there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (KJV)

Now don’t get caught up on the giving or money principle. It’s built into this passage, but it’s far less about money and giving as it is devotion and faith. If we are devoted and possess faith, we will commit not only money, but time and talents to God and His service. And windows will open. Access will be discovered.

But if we fail to devote in faith our life resources to Him; windows of access and blessing WILL REMAIN CLOSED. For the struggling saint may I suggest Desperate Windows? For the victorious saint may I suggest Desperate Windows?

Regardless of your state of being in Him – all of us should live with such a holy desperation for access or a window into the things of God that we cannot rest until that window is opened.

For just like Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer understood the need for an easy access interface to the power of a personal computer, so too does God know how important access to His power is for those who believe.

And whether it’s the power of tithing or whatever… God is looking to open the WINDOWS of heaven over those who are DESPERATE for access to Him. Maybe I’m just dreaming, but I believe there is coming a day when God will show up for those who seek for Desperate Windows of favor and opportunity.

I’m talking about times and places where we can hear from heaven; times and places where God shows up and freaks us out with His love and grace; times and places that provide access to power we’ve NEVER known until that very moment.

Until that time, until that day, until that very hour, Desperate Windows will be my starting point. I’m looking for ways to please my Father so as to access the view and power that only comes from His Windows, not mine.

Several years ago, I purchased a new desktop PC. It was equipped with Windows Vista. Man it was awful, and to this day, I’ve yet to upgrade and I’ve had nothing but trouble with it. But I can tell you that I’m addicted to GUI. DOS was great in its day. Simple yet powerful, but a modest understanding of language and code was necessary.

Now I want ease of use. Now I want things to work on a single click of the mouse. I’m addicted to GUI. And like my addiction to GUI, I’m also addicted to God’s GUI. I’m addicted to the idea of easy access to power and relationship with Him. I fully believe in Ephesians 2:8-9 and apply it to most areas of my relationship with God. Grace through faith. Grace through faith. Grace through faith.

So if it takes 10% of my income or whatever; I want an open window. I want ease of access. I want power at my finger tips. So whatever it takes I will devote and I will give.

Desperate Windows: the only place of genuine access to the power and ease of the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment