Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Element of Endurance


I’ve never been imprisoned for my faith or my political position, but I have been imprisoned. Oh nothing like others around the world who’ve lost it ALL because of their faith in Christ or their politics, and for that I am humbled that I can barely make it to church some weeks, let alone stand with a gun to my head because I simply wanted to be free and worship.

Everyday around the world, millions are enduring extreme hardship because of their faith and or desire for freedom. Or simply because they live in a very difficult place, where food and potable water are at a minimum, or where tribes and troops take up arms to divide and conquer. Either way, my level of suffering and imprisonment are NOTHING compared too many others.

Even right here in the United States, people are struggling and suffering in much greater degrees than I, and yet when the shackles of your pain and struggle are clamped upon you, it seems the only thing you can notice in life IS YOUR OWN suffering. I know that sounds selfish and likely it is, but that seems to be the nature of many who suffer at their own hand in folly and wealth. Meaning, we are so well healed and provided for, and the duress of our lives here in the States (at least for now) creates such a shallow ability to endure hardship, it’s no wonder much of the world looks at us with distain.

I think it was Amy Grant that sang a song about 30 years ago, about Christians that were Fat Babies. God help us in these last hours of our known structure and order, to change our focus. We must understand what IS OF GREATEST IMPORTANCE and we must seek to develop the God ordained Elements of Endurance; for therein lays ONE of the keys for our victory in these our last days.

Hebrews 12:1-3“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”

More Later

No comments:

Post a Comment